Brand Marketing Manager
Built from a passion for adventure, cycling and the outdoors, Apidura produces ultralight equipment to enable cyclists to travel farther, faster and more comfortably. Our relentless commitment to producing high quality, thoughtfully designed products has made Apidura the leading choice in technical, performance-focused cycling packs. Apidura remains a family-operated and rider-owned business that looks to the long term, seeking to give back to the community that inspired us and safeguard the future of the places our packs are designed to explore.
Apidura is looking for a highly adaptable Brand Marketing Manager to join its London (UK) or Annecy (France) teams. This position reports directly to the General Manager and the right candidate should expect to have significant input on Apidura’s wider strategy and direction alongside other senior leaders. The role requires an experienced well-rounded candidate who would enjoy the wide-ranging nature of a role in a small team. As with many young businesses, Apidura roles are flexible and can be tailored to specific experience, interests and aims but at a minimum this role would have significant input on events, brand partnerships and sports marketing whilst taking the lead on asset creation, brand level campaigns, product launches as well as providing key insight on market pricing and positioning. An outstanding ability to multitask, be flexible in approach and the capacity to take on a range of responsibilities are key.
- Take ownership of Apidura’s marketing and brand building efforts.
- Grow, lead and develop Apidura’s new marketing team that will include managing current members of staff as well as leading on any further hires.
- Integrate Apidura’s existing content-led strategy and team into a wider-ranging vision of what Apidura’s marketing and communication efforts could be.
- Work alongside Apidura’s growing commercial team to partner with Dealers and Distributors to further amplify Apidura’s brand messages.
- Further develop Apidura’s market insights to better guide product pricing and positing.
- Support Apidura in communicating a nuanced position on the balance between constant forward progress in innovation, and the need to ensure longest possible product life spans, maximum repairability and our efforts to integrate our packs into the circular economy.
- Become the lead figure in developing and promoting Apidura brand standards and guidelines.
- Form part of Apidura’s growing leadership team.
- 8+ Years of marketing or brand management with at least 2 years in a senior or leadership role.
- Experience in growing and developing smaller businesses or start-ups would be favoured.
- Familiar with both in-house and agency methods of working.
- Whilst experience within the Sporting Goods Industry could be seen as an advantage any experience in other highly segmented markets would be equally beneficial.
- Familiarity with the challenges and opportunities that Direct vs B2B channels present to a brand.
- A background including leadership and management of small teams is essential.
- A genuine interest in working for a purpose-led business with focus on inspiring and enabling people of all backgrounds to ride further, faster and more comfortably.
- Be confident and comfortable in a wide-ranging role that will cover many levels including strategy, planning, execution and reporting.
- An interest in managing and leading teams and a character that takes pleasure in developing others’ abilities.
- An in depth understanding of long-term brand building as well as shorter-term performance-focused marketing alongside the ability to correctly balance effort between the two.
- Enjoy the challenge of dynamically competing for impact with larger, slower and heavier spending competitors.
Interest, energy and flexibility to work in the fast-paced environment of a growing business and wear multiple hats.
Candidate must be authorized to work in the UK or France.
Keen interest in cycling and bikepacking is a plus.
Based in: London or Annecy
Job Type: Full Time
Remuneration: Depending on experience
Contact: George at [email protected]
Please send an up-to-date CV and short cover letter (500 words max.).
Apidura is committed to operating in a fair and socially responsible manner, this includes our stance on ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion, both in cycling and in the workplace. Apidura is an accredited Living Wage Employer and member of the Better Business Act Coalition.