Business Development Manager
Built from a passion for adventure, cycling and the outdoors, Apidura produces ultralight equipment to enable cyclists to travel farther, faster and more comfortably. Our relentless commitment to producing high quality, thoughtfully designed products has made Apidura the leading choice in technical, performance-focused cycling packs. Apidura remains a family-operated and rider-owned business that looks to the long term, seeking to give back to the community that inspired us and safeguard the future of the places our packs are designed to explore.
Apidura is looking for a highly motivated Business Development Manager to join its team. This position reports to the Head of Business Development and requires an articulate, driven candidate to support the B2B team in executing its wider strategy of improving access to Apidura products.
This is not a “normal” sales role. Performance is focused less on growth of sales revenue or units sold, but on the quality of new B2B customers and relationships created. Apidura is a member of the Better Business Act Coalition and is B Corp certified. Our values are more important to us than sales growth. We want to partner with dealers and distributors that will provide the best introduction to our brand, communicate our values and encourage customers to buy once and buy well, repair and reuse.
- Support the expansion of Apidura’s global B2B channels including Store Direct and Distributor partnerships into new markets.
- Act as Sales, Business development & marketing representative for existing key accounts.
- Organize, manage and develop contacts, accounts, leads and opportunities.
- Meet new and existing clients (virtually) to introduce the Apidura brand and relevant product range to ensure the success of new partnerships.
- Execute and optimise the go-to-market strategy for each region balancing the advantages and disadvantages of agents, direct relationships, distributors amongst others.
- Become a key stakeholder in Apidura’s B2B tools including our B2B website, database and all B2B focused marketing/communications.
- Work with the wider Apidura team to better use existing commercial partnerships to add value to Apidura’s branding and positioning efforts, working with retailers on launches, campaigns and other initiatives.
- Form a key part of Apidura’s growing commercial team.
- 2+ years’ experience in Sales or a commercially minded role.
- Strong communication skills essential as you will interact with clients, business associates and varying levels of technical and managerial staff across Apidura
- Self-starter self-disciplined and target focussed but able to work in a team matrix environment.
- Demonstrates drive, passion, flexibility, and integrity
- An understanding that commercial metrics are only one measure of success, and be able to balance this view with the importance of long-term brand building and Apidura’s goals to make long-lasting, high-quality equipment that uses the minimum resources possible.
- A genuine interest in working for a purpose-led business with focus on inspiring and enabling people of all backgrounds to ride further, faster and more comfortably.
- An interest in managing and leading teams and a character that takes pleasure in developing others’ abilities.
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguous or changing responsibilities and targets.
- Interest, energy and flexibility to work in the fast-paced environment of a growing business and wear multiple hats.
- Experienced selling product(s) in a B2B retail environment a plus
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the UK
- A range of language skills would be useful in building global relationships.
- Keen interest in cycling and bikepacking is a plus.
What We Offer:
- Financial support for your bike packing and racing adventures
- Access to our Gear Library which includes tents, clothing and outdoor equipment for any trips
- Extensive industry discounts
- Flexible Wednesday mornings for bike riding or other sports and wellness activities
- Role-specific hybrid working arrangements
- Monthly socials and activities
- Professional development with access to courses and further education
- Opportunities to work from our Annecy office
Apidura is committed to operating in a fair and socially responsible manner, this includes our stance on ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion, both in cycling and in the workplace. Apidura is an accredited Living Wage Employer, a member of the Better Business Act Coalition and a certified B Corp.
Based in: Any key area of Apidura regional expansion – do you think Apidura could be commercially stronger in the area where you are based or have experience in working?
Job Type: Full Time
Remuneration: Depending on experience
Contact: Rosie at [email protected]
Please send an up-to-date CV and short cover letter (500 words max.)