Built from a passion for adventure, cycling and the outdoors, Apidura produces ultralight equipment to enable cyclists to travel farther, faster and more comfortably. Our relentless commitment to producing high quality, thoughtfully designed products has made Apidura the leading choice in technical, performance-focused cycling packs. Apidura remains a family-operated and rider-owned business that looks to the long term, seeking to give back to the community that inspired us and safeguard the future of the places our packs are designed to explore.
Apidura is looking for a highly motivated Commercial Director to join its London (UK) or Annecy (Europe) teams. This position reports directly to the General Manager and the right candidate should expect to have significant input on wider Apidura strategy and direction alongside other senior leaders. The role requires an experienced, well-rounded candidate to focus on leading Apidura’s global B2B channels whilst balancing the needs of Apidura’ s Direct business and overall brand and positioning efforts. An outstanding ability to multitask, be flexible in approach and the capacity to take on a range of responsibilities are key.
- Take full P+L ownership of Apidura’s global B2B channels covering all Store Direct and Distributor partnerships.
- Define the most effective go-to-market strategy for each region balancing the advantages and disadvantages of agents, direct relationships, distributors amongst others.
- Become a key stakeholder in Apidura’s B2B tools including our B2B website, database and all B2B focused marketing/communications.
- Further develop Apidura’s repair and end of life strategies within the B2B network.
- Work with the wider Apidura team to better use existing commercial partnerships to add value to Apidura’s branding and positioning efforts, working with retailers on launches, campaigns and other initiatives.
- Grow, lead and develop Apidura’s internal and external commercial team including current staff members as well as leading on further hires.
- Form a key part of Apidura’s growing leadership team.
- 8+ years’ experience in Sales or commercially minded Brand Management Role with at least 2 years’ experience in a senior or leadership position.
- International sales experience is essential to this role with particular favour given to any background that includes US partnerships.
- A background that includes leadership and management of small teams is essential.
- Knowledge of regional and global differences in businesses and communication practices that come from working with a global retail network.
- Evidence of selective channel management and considered sales growth with a brand focus.
- Experience in growing and developing smaller businesses or startups would be particularly relevant.
- Experience within the Sporting Goods Industry would be favoured with knowledge the Cycling Industry also viewed positively.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to quickly draw conclusions and insights from data and the confidence in using those results to influence decision making.
- Ideally experienced in PowerBI, or with proven skills in building reporting tools in other platforms.
- An understanding that commercial metrics are only one measure of success, and be able to balance this view with the importance of long-term brand building and Apidura’s goals to make long-lasting, high quality equipment that uses the minimum resources possible.
- A genuine interest in working for a purpose-led business with focus on inspiring and enabling people of all backgrounds to ride further, faster and more comfortably.
- A range of language skills would be useful in building global relationships.
- An interest in managing and leading teams and a character that takes pleasure in developing others’ abilities.
- Be confident and comfortable in a wide ranging role that will cover many levels including strategy, planning, execution and reporting.
Interest, energy and flexibility to work in the fast-paced environment of a growing business and wear multiple hats.
Candidate must be authorized to work in the UK or France.
Keen interest in cycling and bikepacking is a plus.
Based in: London or Annecy
Job Type: Full Time
Remuneration: Depending on experience
Contact: George at [email protected]
Please send an up-to-date CV and short cover letter (500 words max.).
We embrace and openly welcome people from different cultures, perspectives, and experiences to create a diverse and enriched company. We work hard to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people, regardless of background to make sure we grow our company sustainably and with different cultural influences. We are guided by our values in everything we do, and we recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us make a difference to all our employees and customers. Apidura is an accredited Living Wage Employer and member of the Better Business Act Coalition and B-Corp certified.