Built from a passion for adventure, cycling and the outdoors, Apidura produces ultralight equipment to enable cyclists to travel farther, faster and more comfortably. Our relentless commitment to producing high quality, thoughtfully designed products has made Apidura the leading choice in lightweight cycling packs.
Apidura is looking for a highly motivated Controller to join its London or Annecy team as its primary internal accounting professional. This key position reports directly to the leadership team and requires an experienced, results-driven candidate with the skills and enthusiasm to report on and optimise the financial operations of a small, growing business. An outstanding ability to multitask, be flexible and the capacity to take on a broad range of responsibilities are key.
The scope of this role encompasses daily accounting administration functions all the way through to assisting in strategic decision making. You will be reporting to financially literate individuals, but you should also expect to work alongside others in the team with little or no experience of accounting or finance operations.
- Designing and implementing key financial processes and controls to support a fast-growing business
- Day-to-day accounting, including on-going bank reconciliation
- Monthly VAT submissions and regular management accounts
- Liaising with external accountant for year-end reporting and R&D claims
- Relevant accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with 2+ years post-qualification experience
- Ideally, experience in a medium-sized ecommerce focused business with an international presence
- International exposure and outlook with an interest to understand finance and accounting issues outside of the UK framework
- Excellent attention to detail and organization
- Proactive and a strong advocate for continuous improvement
- Collaborative approach but able to work independently
- Strong problem solving and ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Interest, energy and flexibility to work in the fast-paced environment of a growing business and wear multiple hats
- Keen interest in cycling is a bonus
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the UK or France
Based in: London or Annecy
Remuneration: Depending on experience
Contact: Pierre – [email protected]. Please include a current CV and short cover letter (500 words max).
We embrace and openly welcome people from different cultures, perspectives, and experiences to create a diverse and enriched company. We work hard to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people, regardless of background to make sure we grow our company sustainably and with different cultural influences. We are guided by our values in everything we do, and we recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us make a difference to all our employees and customers. Apidura is an accredited Living Wage Employer and member of the Better Business Act Coalition and B-Corp certified.