Junior Full Stack Developer PHP/Woocommerce
Built from a passion for adventure, cycling and the outdoors, Apidura produces ultralight equipment to enable cyclists to travel farther, faster and more comfortably. Our relentless commitment to producing high quality, thoughtfully designed products has made Apidura the leading choice in technical, performance-focused cycling packs. Apidura remains a family-operated and rider-owned business that looks to the long term, seeking to give back to the community that inspired us and safeguard the future of the places our packs are designed to explore.
Apidura is looking for a highly motivated Junior Full Stack Developer PHP, Woocommerce to join its London team. This position reports directly to the Technical Lead and requires a junior candidate with the skills and desire to develop themselves as a key part of the digital team in this fast-paced, digitally native adventure sports brand. An outstanding ability to multitask, be flexible in approach and the capacity to take on a range of responsibilities are key.
- Suggest, develop and implement functionalities that optimise and simplify processes.
- Ensure the best possible performance, reliability, and quality of our websites.
- Help to maintain Apidura’s websites, keeping them up-to-date, secure and optimised.
- Implement new functionalities and UX changes to the existing websites, working closely with the wider digital and design team.
- Write clean, maintainable code.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Develop new functionalities.
- Implement good UI/UX based on needs.
- Growing your skills and provide your insight of improvement/optimization.
- Communicate with the team to understand the needs.
- 2/3 years of proven experience with WordPress/Woocommerce (+ Ideally with ACF plugin).
- Knowledge in Responsive front-end design, with cross browser compatibility.
- Have an understanding and use of JSON/AJAX.
- Notion of how to create a wordpress plugin.
- WordPress/Woocommerce speed optimisation techniques and best practices.
- Knowledge of RESTful API.
- Experience with code management tools like Git.
- Knowledge of Web security.
- Knowledge of Composer.
- Experience with: Webpack / API / Docker / Reacts will be beneficial but not essential.
- Excellent attention to detail with a thorough approach to your work.
- Strong organisation, time management and documentation habits.
- Proactive in approach and a strong advocate for continuous improvement.
- A desire to understand the wider context, and impact of your work on the business and its systems.
- Open to both learning and sharing knowledge and exploring new technologies.
- Comfortable in communicating to non-technical persons and used to simplifying IT language without losing meaning.
- Ability to work within a team and translate requirements into technical solutions.
- Strike a balance between working with autonomy vs. seeking support when tackling new tasks.
- Interest, energy and flexibility to work in the fast-paced environment of a growing business and wear multiple hats.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the UK.
- Keen interest in cycling is a bonus.
What We Offer:
- Financial support for your bike packing and racing adventures.
- Access to our Gear Library which includes tents, clothing and outdoor equipment for any trips.
- Extensive industry discounts.
- Flexible Wednesday mornings for bike riding or other sports and wellness activities.
- Hybrid working, with 3 days in the office.
- Monthly socials and activities.
- Professional development with access to courses and further education.
- Opportunities to work from our Annecy office.
- Enhanced Parental Leave.
Apidura is committed to operating in a fair and socially responsible manner, this includes our stance on ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion, both in cycling and in the workplace. Apidura is an accredited Living Wage Employer, a member of the Better Business Act Coalition and a certified B Corp.
Based in: London
Job type: Full time
Remuneration: Competitive salary reflective of skills and experience
Contact: Laura– [email protected].
Please send an up-to-date CV, a short cover letter (500 words max.) and some links/visual of your work where possible.