Mid/Senior Front-end developer
Built from a passion for adventure, cycling and the outdoors, Apidura produces ultralight equipment to enable cyclists to travel farther, faster, and more comfortably. Our relentless commitment to producing high quality, thoughtfully designed products has made Apidura the leading choice in lightweight cycling packs.
Apidura is looking for a highly motivated Mid/Senior Front end Developer to join its London team. This position reports directly to the Technical Lead and requires an experienced candidate with the skills and desire to develop themselves as a key part of the digital team in this fast-paced, digitally native adventure sports brand. An outstanding ability to multitask, be flexible in approach and the capacity to take on a range of responsibilities are key.
- Implement new UI/UX changes to the existing websites, working closely with the wider digital and design team.
- Suggest, develop, and implement functionalities that optimise the structure of the existing CSS/JS
- Support the Technical lead in providing objective support and guidance to the digital team in finding optimised solutions.
- Take a thorough and clean approach to development work.
- Comfortable working with SCSS / BEM methodology
- Knowledge in Responsive front-end design, with cross browser compatibility
- Website speed optimisation techniques and best practices
- Experience with version control such as Git
- Experience with WordPress environment is a plus
- Understanding of tool like gulp, webpack
- Ability to write hight performance, maintainable and reusable code.
- Experience with CMS like wordpress/woocommerce
- Understanding of MySQL/PHP is a plus but not essential
- Excellent attention to detail with a thorough approach to your work.
- Strong organisation, time management and documentation habits.
- Proactive in approach and a strong advocate for continuous improvement.
- A desire to understand the wider context, and impact of your work on the business and its systems.
- Open to both learning and sharing knowledge and exploring new technologies.
- Comfortable in communicating with our web designer
- Ability to work within a team and translate requirements into technical solutions.
- Strike a balance between working with autonomy vs. seeking support when tackling new tasks.
- Interest, energy and flexibility to work in the fast-paced environment of a growing business and wear multiple hats.
- Keen interest in cycling is a bonus.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the UK.
Based in: London – hybrid.
Job type: Full time
Remuneration: Depending on experience
Contact: Laura – [email protected]. Please include a current CV and short cover letter (500 words max).
We embrace and openly welcome people from different cultures, perspectives, and experiences to create a diverse and enriched company. We work hard to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people, regardless of background to make sure we grow our company sustainably and with different cultural influences. We are guided by our values in everything we do, and we recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us make a difference to all our employees and customers. Apidura is an accredited Living Wage Employer and member of the Better Business Act Coalition and B-Corp certified.