Operations and Logistics Controller
Built from a passion for adventure, cycling and the outdoors, Apidura produces ultralight, rackless packing systems to enable cyclists to travel farther, faster and more comfortably. Our dedication to producing high quality, thoughtfully designed products has made Apidura the leading choice in lightweight cycling packs.
Apidura is committed to operating in a fair and socially responsible manner, this includes our stance on ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion.
Apidura is looking for a highly motivated Operations and Logistics Controller to take on the overall management of Apidura’s logistics and supply chain operations, from raw goods to delivered finished products.
The core responsibilities of the position will include:
- Managing relationships with Apidura’s transportation partners along with planning and organisation of all movements of goods (from raw materials to inbounding finished goods shipments).
- Optimising Apidura’s worldwide outbound logistics strategy for both Dealer and Direct sales.
- Managing the relationship and day to day communications with Apidura’s warehouse alongside the Customer Service Team.
- Working closely with other team members in understanding, managing and improving the flow of information to and from these partners, through Apidura proprietary SQL database system.
- Investigating, troubleshooting and solving logistic issues across the company.
- Balancing purchasing, forecasting, shipping and production schedules to maintain appropriate stock levels whilst considering financial and environmental shipping impacts.
- Reporting to the leadership team on all logistics related topics.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Come from a background that may include roles as a supply chain planner, logistics or operational controller or a stock and supply focused merchandiser.
- The ability to work independently, finding problems and setting own goals.
- The ability to work comfortably in a flat organisation structure and equally at home with the planning and execution aspects of the role.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced and flexible start-up.
- Be highly organized with excellent problem-solving traits and an adaptable approach to work.
A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role with experience in supply chain, operations or logistic functions. Any experience gained in connection to internet retailers will be strongly preferred.
Due to the broad nature of the role a candidate that has gained skills and experience from managing multiple responsibilities, likely in small to medium sized businesses may find themselves more suited.
- Experience with various WMS, SQL databases, Power BI reporting and excellent MS Excel skills.
- Bikepacking or cycle touring experience are a bonus but not essential.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the UK.
Based in: London
Remuneration: Depending on experience
Contact: George at [email protected]
Please send an up-to-date CV and short cover letter (500 words max.).