Built from a passion for adventure, cycling and the outdoors, Apidura produces ultralight equipment to enable cyclists to travel farther, faster and more comfortably. Our relentless commitment to producing high quality, thoughtfully designed products has made Apidura the leading choice in technical, performance-focused cycling packs. Apidura remains a family-owned and rider-run business that looks to the long term, seeking to give back to the community that inspired us and aims to safeguard the future of the places our packs are designed to explore.
Led by a team of passionate cyclists, Apidura is seeking a highly motivated Product Developer to support its growth. Working under the direction of the Product Development and Production Manager, and closely with the team, product ambassadors and suppliers, the individual will combine technical innovation, fabric knowledge, creativity and attention to details to create products that continue to set new standards in this exciting field.
The core responsibilities of the position will include:
- Working closely with the design team through the product development process; from idea to finalised commercial product.
- Interacting with factories and overseeing the prototyping and manufacturing process.
- Identifying, researching and sourcing new fabrics and production processes.
- Sourcing, evaluating and negotiating with new manufacturing partners.
- Evaluating designs for opportunities to enhance performance, quality, and cost.
- Processing consumer insights to inform product design and development.
- Working with the team to create product and performance descriptions, as well as marketing materials.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position will possess:
- Experience managing the development of products from concept to finish.
- A strong understanding of materials and industrial fabrication processes.
- A full understanding of both creative and technical design, as well as of product costing models.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills to liaise successfully with factories, suppliers and management.
- Exceptional attention to detail, a creative eye, and the ability to design outside the box.
- Interest, energy and flexibility to work in the fast-paced environment of a growing business and wear multiple hats.
- A degree in outdoor product design or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Full literacy in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Excel and PowerPoint.
- A keen interest in cycling or endurance sport is a bonus.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the UK.
What We Offer:
- Financial support for your bike packing and racing adventures
- Access to our Gear Library which includes tents, clothing and outdoor equipment for any trips
- Extensive industry discounts
- Flexible Wednesday mornings for bike riding or other sports and wellness activities
- Role-specific hybrid working arrangements
- Monthly socials and activities
- Professional development with access to courses and further education
- Opportunities to work from our Annecy office
Apidura is committed to operating in a fair and socially responsible manner, this includes our stance on ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion, both in cycling and in the workplace. Apidura is an accredited Living Wage Employer, a member of the Better Business Act Coalition and a certified B Corp.
Based in: London
Remuneration: Depending on experience
Contact: Rosie at [email protected] – Please send an up-to-date CV and short cover letter (500 words max.).