Senior Full Stack developer
Built from a passion for adventure, cycling and the outdoors, Apidura produces ultralight rackless packing systems to enable cyclists to travel farther, faster and more comfortably. Our relentless commitment to producing high quality, thoughtfully designed products has made Apidura the leading choice in lightweight cycling packs.
Apidura is looking for a highly motivated Senior Full Stack Developer to join its London team. This position reports directly to the Technical Lead and requires an experienced candidate with the skills and desire to develop themselves as a key part of the digital team in this fast-paced, digitally native adventure sports brand. An outstanding ability to multitask, be flexible in approach and the capacity to take on a range of responsibilities are key.
- Lead projects for the addition of new functionality and UX changes to the existing websites, working closely with the wider digital and design team.
- Suggest, develop and implement functionalities that optimise and simplify processes.
- Support the Technical lead in providing objective support and guidance to the digital team in finding technical solutions.
- Help to maintain Apidura’s websites, keeping them up-to-date, secure and optimised.
- Take a thorough and clean approach to development work.
- 5 years+ of hands-on experience with WordPress/Woocommerce (+ Ideally with ACF plugin)
- Knowledge in Responsive front-end design, with cross browser compatibility
- Have an understanding and use of JSON/AJAX
- Be comfortable creating new plugins/functionalities using MVC
- WordPress/Woocommerce speed optimisation techniques and best practices
- Knowledge of RESTful API
- Knowledge of Web security
- Knowledge of Composer
- Experience with version control such as BitBucket
Experience with: Gulp, Webpack / API / Docker / Reacts or Vue will be beneficial.
- Excellent attention to detail with a thorough approach to your work.
- Strong organisation, time management and documentation habits.
- Proactive in approach and a strong advocate for continuous improvement.
- A desire to understand the wider context, and impact of your work on the business and its systems.
- Open to both learning and sharing knowledge and exploring new technologies.
- Comfortable in communicating to non-technical persons and used to simplifying IT language without losing meaning.
- Ability to work within a team and translate requirements into technical solutions.
- Strike a balance between working with autonomy vs. seeking support when tackling new tasks.
- Interest, energy and flexibility to work in the fast-paced environment of a growing business and wear multiple hats.
- Keen interest in cycling is a bonus.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the UK.
Based in: London
Job type: Full time
Remuneration: Depending on experience
Contact: Oliver – [email protected]. Please include a current CV and short cover letter (500 words max).
Apidura is committed to operating in a fair and socially responsible manner, this includes our stance on ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion, both in cycling and in the workplace.