Sustainability Service Specialist
Built from a passion for adventure, cycling and the outdoors, Apidura produces ultralight equipment to enable cyclists to travel farther, faster and more comfortably. Our relentless commitment to producing high quality, thoughtfully designed products has made Apidura the leading choice in technical, performance-focused cycling packs. Apidura remains a family-operated and rider-owned business that looks to the long term, seeking to give back to the community that inspired us and safeguard the future of the places our packs are designed to explore.
This is a new role and an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, highly motivated person to join our busy, friendly London team to support the business on the delivery of Apidura’s sustainability strategies.
As a B-Corp we have taken great strides in the right direction, but more can be done. This is a varied role that covers customer service, product, packaging & operational sustainability, along with circular supply chain projects.
Passionate about cycling and identifying with the values embodied by Apidura, you may be currently working within a sustainability or customer service role and are looking to broaden your skills and experience in the variety and complexity of projects you tackle.
This role is perfect for someone who will enjoy the challenge of working on varied business requirements with multiple stakeholders. It will require the ability to communicate with a diverse customer base, as well as an ability to develop and communicate insights with the broader team.
The core responsibilities of the position will include:
- Responding to and troubleshooting product inquiries, concerns and feedback.
- Gathering, aggregating and analysing repairs and warranties data; bringing insights to the Product Team to support the continuous improvement of our product design.
- Advocating for, as well as organising and managing Apidura’s repairs program to prolong the life of its’ products, including on-site repairs as well as supporting the development and implementation of DIY resources for our global audience.
- Ensuring claims management is maintained and communication substantiated in line with our guidelines.
- Playing a key role in expanding Apidura’s Revive Program, lowering our environmental impact by returning purpose to idle packs.
- Assessing lifecycle of product, use and end of use plus current re-use, re-claim strategies, reporting on such and identifying improvements to implement.
- Identifying changes in business operations to drive potential sustainable benefits, engaging teams as necessary to drive change through. Maintaining sustainable purchasing policies.
- Working with the Product teams on sustainable products, packaging and consumables including plastic usage.
- Supporting management with data collection and reporting for B-Corp assessments across all sustainable areas. Jointly developing a plan to improve results over next 3 years, assisting in implementing and reporting on such
- Building knowledge on sustainability and environmental issues, sharing, and supporting the business in changes in UK governmental reporting requirements and global environmental compliance as appropriate.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Enjoy the challenge of understanding the different cultures, languages, and backgrounds of Apidura’s global community of customers.
- Be highly organized, analytical and pay close attention to detail. Initiative-taking, organised, able to manage own priorities and communicate well with various functions.
- Being adaptive to a new way of working. Innovative thinking.
- A passion for improving our impact on the planet and a strong commitment to environmental sustainability balanced with sound commercial insight
- Be self-motivated, results-driven, and innovative, with the ability to multi-task & prioritise
- Have the interest, energy, and flexibility to work in the fast-paced environment of a growing business and wear multiple hats.
- An aptitude to learn whilst in the role and continuous self-development.
- Ability to work flexibly around an evolving agenda and in an agile environment.
- Critical reasoning with clear ability to analyse and interpret complex information.
- Excellent verbal and written English (French is a bonus)
- Fully computer literate, with a solid knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the UK.
Based in: London
Remuneration: Depending on experience
Contact: Jason at [email protected] Please send an up-to-date CV and short cover letter (500 words max.).
We embrace and openly welcome people from different cultures, perspectives, and experiences to create a diverse and enriched company. We work hard to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people, regardless of background to make sure we grow our company sustainably and with different cultural influences. We are guided by our values in everything we do, and we recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us make a difference to all our employees and customers. Apidura is an accredited Living Wage Employer and member of the Better Business Act Coalition and B-Corp certified.