Built from a passion for adventure, cycling and the outdoors, Apidura produces ultralight rackless packing systems to enable cyclists to travel farther, faster and more comfortably. Our relentless commitment to producing high quality, thoughtfully designed products has made Apidura the leading choice in lightweight cycling packs.
Led by a team of passionate cyclists, Apidura is seeking a highly motivated Product Developer to support its growth. Working closely with team, product ambassadors and suppliers, the individual will combine technical innovation, fabric knowledge, creativity and attention to details to create products that continue to set new standards in this exciting field.
Responsibilities. Core responsibilities of the position include:
- Translating product development ideas into finalized commercial products.
- Generating innovative product concepts in line with Apidura’s design philosophy and quality standards.
- Overseeing conception and execution of technical product details including construction, colour, form, style, detail, function and graphics.
- Identifying, researching and sourcing new fabrics and production processes.
- Evaluating designs for opportunities to enhance performance, quality, and cost.
- Processing consumer insights to inform product design and development.
- Working with the team to create product and performance descriptions, as well as marketing materials.
Skills & Experience. The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Experience designing products from concept to finish.
- A strong understanding of materials and industrial fabrication processes.
- A full understanding of both creative and technical design, as well as of product costing models.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills to liaise successfully with factories, suppliers and management.
- Exceptional attention to detail, a creative eye, and the ability to design outside the box.
- Interest, energy and flexibility to work in the fast-paced environment of a growing business and wear multiple hats.
- A degree in outdoor product design or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two years of experience in outdoors sporting good design.
- Full literacy in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with bikepacking or cycle touring and the passion to become an expert in this area are essential.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the UK.
Based in: London
Remuneration: Depending on experience
Contact: Agatha Kratz – firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a current CV and short cover letter (500 words max) as well as examples of previous work.